7/13/11

Lose Weight Like a Pro!

With the BBQ's, backyard parties, and trips away, it's not always easy to stick to your fitness and diet goals during the summer months. 


In this month's issue of FAMILY CIRCLE magazine, Laney Solomon (who lost 87 pounds!) shares her secrets:



"I order smart at restaurants-
I get the sauces and dressings on the side. 
If something comes with french fries, I swap them for a baked sweet potato or a salad.
I eased into exercise- 
I started walking 20 minutes a day and slowly increased my pace until I could run 2 miles at a time.
 Now I'm training for my fourth 10K race!
I set small goals- 
1. Get below 200lbs (she started at 218)
2. Buy clothes with no X (goodbye XXL and XL!) 
3. Weigh less than my husband
4. Finally, focus on toning! "
Here are some more tips from Bicycling magazine that might help you keep that Xtend body you've been working so hard on...

Substitute good foods for bad foods.
 If you usually eat a whole pizza by yourself, and you want to cut that down, don’t just try to eat half of what you usually do. Instead, get a side salad to help fill you up.
Take your time. 
If you currently eat a box of Oreos every day, set an Oreo goal. Maybe it’s okay with your activity level to eat five Oreos each day. Don’t go from a whole box to five and think you’ll be able to sustain it. Instead, cut it one Oreo a week. You won’t see the fast results, but you’ll guarantee the long-term achievement.
Don’t completely cut out the foods you love. 
You only live once. If you’re happier with cookies in your diet, you should find a way to make it work, not remove it. 
Read labels. 

You might be surprised to find out that a “healthy snack” of nuts has more calories and twice of the fat of the sandwich you’re craving.

Seek out high volume foods with low calories,
 like popcorn, certain soups, or salads. You’ll feel full on fewer calories.



No comments:

Post a Comment